You require a user name and password to access the request. Here is a step-by-step description of the entire process:
- Contact the to indicate your interest in using the request and obtaining information.
- Define your user profile by reviewing the various profile definitions.
- Fill up the form (available at the ) corresponding to your profile and send it to the .
- Once your profile is approved, a member of the team will contact you and provide you with your user name and password.
- Training via videoconference is required in order to use the web request. To do this, check the online training schedules. A training module and a demo version of the request are also provided to familiarize you with the process.
- A clinical coordinator is on hand to assist you when you first use the request, so as to complete your training.
If you have any questions, please contact the .
Important points regarding the request
Health Insurance Card ():
- Ensure that the card is valid to avoid rejection of the consultation request (refer to theprocess regarding invalid cards on their website and ensure prompt treatment).
- Verify the accuracy of demographic data and information linked to the card. Inaccuracies in the data may lead to a delay in assigning a file number at the provider site and thereby postpone the consultation process by the medical specialist.
- Clearly identify the physician or group of physicians at the provider site to whom the request will be sent.
- Specify the name or file number of the patient on the attachments so that it will be easier to trace the documents.
- The responsibility for following up the teleconsultations with the patients or health professionals lies with the requesting site.
- The patient’s attending physician at the requesting site must produce the prescription and fax it (since electronic prescriptions are not yet recognized in the healthcare system in Quebec).
- As electronic clinical requests are used for teleconsultations in elective mode, contact the physician directly by phone in case of emergency.