The advantages of a web-based clinical request include:
- Automation of teleconsultation from the creation of the request to the production and transmission of the report to the requesting site.
- Secure transmission of personal information on the network.
- Transmission of relevant information required to carry out the teleconsultation.
- Facilitation of work (e.g. mandatory fields are denoted by a red star).
- Option of attaching documents (previous consultations, test results, etc.) to help the physician at the provider site prepare for the teleconsultation.
EXISTING CLINICAL FORMS
- Respiratory medicine
- Women’s health
- Mental health
- Generic (for referring a patient to telehealth in all other specialties not listed above)
Specialty forms include the clinical information required for the provision of quality service. The maximum amount of clinical information about the patient’s condition should be provided on the request form or on a document attached to it. Failure to include certain details may result in rejection of the request by the physician at the provider site.
The procedure for accessing the web-based clinical request can be found easily in all the sections of this website at the bottom of the page.