FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- Stay informed by reading the videoconferencing guidelines.
- Note: if you need a PC, make sure there is one in the room that you have reserved.
Otherwise, carry a laptop with you.
- If you are making a presentation, bring it on a USB drive on the day of the presentation.
- If you need technical assistance during the presentation, please make the necessary arrangements with the support services available in your institution (e.g. Multimedia).
- If this is your first experience and you’re not very familiar with the videoconferencing system, mention it in the booking request and a member will provide you with an overview of the system before your session.
- It receives your booking request and makes the reservation.
- It provides the equipment required for a videoconferencing connection.
- It provides remote support for the start of requested sessions.
- It provides remote technical assistance if necessary, during the sessions.
- You should arrive 30 minutes before the session to ensure that everything is working properly before the session starts.
- The is on hand to provide remote technical assistance, if any technical difficulties arise. Should you require the presence of a telehealth technician during the entire session, consult your institution’s internal policy to find out about the process for booking a technician and the fees you may incur.
- Click here for the section that will walk you through basic troubleshooting.
- Contact the at 514-412-4294 / 1 877 536-3202 (toll free in Quebec).
- Fees vary according to the needs. Contact the Visio- or 514-412-4294 / 1 877 536-3202 (toll free in Quebec). @ .mcgill.ca for a specific evaluation (
I have been invited to take part in a webcast session – What should I do?
- Please note that webstreaming is a service that is not supported by the . Please contact your IT department for more information on this service.